Welcome to my Blog!

I’m an On-Location Natural Light Photographer specializing in prenatal, infant, children and family portraiture in the Ottawa area.

Website: http://www.michellebarbeauphotography.com email: michelle@barbeau.net
Facebook Teen Page: Michelle Barbeau Teens

****please note my blog has now been moved here ********

Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Inspiration - Featured Photographer

As a photographer, I'm always on the search for new inspiration to keep my photography skills growing.  I feel so lucky to have had the chance to get to know other photographers all over the world and share ideas.  As a new feature of my blog, i will be posting a section a couple of times a month called Inspiration Friday.  Hope you enjoy it!

Today i'm excited to introduce you to Jill Candland...I just love her fun and candid style.  I actually had a chance to meet Jill In Arizona last year and she's so sweet!  If you would like to check out her work, please visit her blog at: http://littlejillsmemoir.blogspot.com/

Without further ado, here's Jill and some of her amazing photographs.........

City/Country  you call home:
Mesa, Arizona
Favourite Subjects to photograph? Why?
HMMM I love high school Seniors because they are at such an exciting time of their lives--and I can do more creative things with them. But I also LOVE super laid back families that I can capture candidly. 



Type of camera you use
 Canon 5D


My favorite lens is my 50mm 1.4, because I can get such a shallow depth of field with all of the dreamy bokeh.  But the lens I use the majority of the time is  my 24-70 f 2.8.  I love it because I like to shoot wide--and also it gives me versatility.



Studio or Natural Light? why?
Natural light.  Because I love to go anywhere--and shoot in fun locations


tell us a little secret about yourself that nobody knows
I always go into the first stall of public bathrooms because my best friend's mom did janitorial work when I was in high school and she said that that was the one that she had to change the toilet paper in the least.  So I think it's cleaner.



Where do you look for inspiration
I like to check out other photographers work.  It challenges me to keep up on my game.

http://shannonsewell.com/theblankpage/
http://www.purplenickel.com/offthegrid/


Where would we find you when your not busy taking pictures? 
Ignoring chores around my house.  I have a husband and 4 kids--and  I love to chill with them.  I also love to bake.


Who or what would you love to shoot that you haven’t already? 
I would love to shoot me with my family--I would like to be in the pictures without having to set a timer and run.  Is that possible? If someone figures it out let me know.


Favourite TV show or movie? 
I am a fan of 30 Rock--except for when it gets too trashy--I turn it off.  And  Modern Family. those two shows make me laugh out loud.  And So You Think You Can Dance--who DOESN'T love that show?


Jill...thanks so much for taking part in my Friday Inspiration Feature!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was fun! It was fun to see what images you picked. Thanks!

Jenni said...

Really Jill...I didn't know about the bathroom thing! :) Good to know! LOVE jill! Love her work....and everything about her! Glad she got featured on here....and her work ROCKS!!!!

onehm said...

Jill is THE BEST. Loved reading this interview!! :)